Wherever you happen to live in the city of Toronto or the GTA, you are sure to find a number of local contractors who are more than happy to furnish you with quotations for new eavestrough installation. In fact, the problem for many homeowners is not finding a contractor who is willing to install their new guttering but picking the best firm for the job. Whether you are currently sitting at home sorting through half a dozen quotes or you have yet to contact any local contractors, you can use the following guide as a reference when you are evaluating the companies who provide you with proposals.
Eavestrough Installation: A Short Guide to Choosing the Right Contractor
Think carefully about each of the points below as you study the quotes you have received. With luck, you will then find it much easier to make your choice!
• Are Seamless Eavestroughs an Option? – If possible, choose a contractor who provides you with a seamless eavestrough installation option. If you are not sure what this means, don’t worry because it is a very simple concept to understand. Seamless guttering is made from one continuous piece of material rather than many sections joined together, which cuts down significantly on the number of possible sites for leaks in the future. Whether you live near our offices in Milton, in neighbouring Burlington or Oakville, or somewhere further afield, you will find that a seamless installation is much easier to maintain during the rainy autumn and winter months we often experience here in the GTA.
• Is the Work Guaranteed? – A reputable contractor will provide you with some form of warranty for parts and labour when completing an eavestrough installation on your property. Any companies that are not willing to stand behind the work they do should not be included on your final shortlist.
• Is the Contractor Fully Insured? – If there is nothing in the quotation or on the contractor’s website that mentions insurance, you should either cross that company off your list or call them and ask them whether they have comprehensive liability insurance for the work they are doing. This is very important as you could end up being liable for all sorts of costs if something were to go wrong during the installation process and your contractor turned out to be uninsured.
• Are They Competitive? – You will obviously want to get a good deal when you pay for your new eavestrough installation so you should only consider those companies that have quoted a competitive price. It is not necessarily a good idea to go for the cheapest contractor just because of their rates but if you have obtained a number of quotes and 2 or 3 of them look to be uncompetitive, you probably won’t want to pursue those quotations any further.
• Have They or Can They Provide Testimonials? – Written testimonials from previous clients are a valuable source of information, especially when they can be verified. If any of the contractors who provide you with a proposal included testimonials or have links to them on their website, you may wish to give them special consideration. The fact their old customers were so pleased with the service they received that they felt compelled to write and thank them says a great deal about the company in question. The more recent these testimonials are, the better.
If you would like to receive a quotation for a new seamless eavestrough installation, from a company that ticks all the right boxes, please do not hesitate to call and let us know your requirements whenever you are free.