Before you decide on a contractor to handle the eavestrough of your home you’ll want to find out something about them. After all there are a lot of eavestrough contractors in Milton and the surrounding area and not all will do the same quality work. So, in an effort to help you separate the good from the not so good here are 6 questions you should be prepared to ask before hiring a eavestrough contractor.
Questions to Ask Prospective Eavestrough Contractors in Milton
Every eavestrough contractor will tell you they do a great job, and some of them do. In order to discover which ones are the keepers try asking these questions.
- How long have you been in business? – You want someone who has been in business at least a few years and has experience with the unique environmental challenges of the Toronto area. You don’t want to be someone’s first project.
- Are you fully licensed and insured? – If they can’t prove they have liability coverage and that their workers are covered by workmen’s compensation insurance you should take a pass. If they give you a license number you should verify it with the appropriate agency.
- Will you provide references? – If the eavestrough contractor is unwilling to provide references you should try someone else. If they do provide references you should check them out thoroughly. Call the numbers they give you and talk to past customers.
- Do you do the work yourself? – Sometimes the company you thought you hired subcontracts the work to another company and you wind up dealing with people you’ve never met. Make sure you know who’s going to show up.
- What is your payment schedule? – Some companies want a large down payment and the balance upon completion. Others want a smaller down payment and the balance paid as milestones are met. Whoever you hire you should never pay more than 50% up front.
- How do you process complaints? – Will there be someone on site that you can talk to or will you have to call a customer service number? Most established companies will handle issues quickly so the project can move forward.
Alliance Trust Aluminum is rapidly gaining a reputation as one of the most reliable and affordable eavestrough contractors in Milton and the entire GTA. Don’t leave the fate of your largest investment in the hands of a fly-by-night company. Call Alliance Trust Aluminum today on 647-898-4228 for a free quote.