Siding a home today is a largely trouble-free, straightforward process that can leave your house looking like new and sealed up tight against the elements. Energy savings, increased curb appeal and outstanding ROI are all things you can expect from your siding installation project. However, errors are still sometimes made during a siding installation, errors that are for the most part avoidable if you know what to look out for.
Enjoy an Error-free Siding Installation in Burlington
Before your siding installation in Burlington gets underway make a note of these things to watch out for during the process.
- Tolerances are too tight – Siding expands and contracts with the temperature so nails should not be driven in too tight and tolerances around windows and doors should not be too exact. A tiny bit of leeway should be given in both instances to allow for this natural phenomenon.
- Waterproofing is poorly done – The siding itself is not waterproof. In order to seal your siding against the weather a waterproof barrier must be put in place beneath it. If this barrier is not properly installed moisture problems will affect both the home’s exterior and interior.
- Surface is poorly prepared – Before the siding can be installed the surface must be properly prepared. This means sealing all leaks and cracks, including those around windows and doors. Failure to do so will compromise the effectiveness of the siding to keep out the elements.
- Improperly installed trim – Before the actual siding is installed the trim needs to be installed first. Improperly or hastily installed flashings and trim will wreak havoc with the overall effectiveness of the siding installation.
- Tolerances are too loose – The flip side of tolerances being too tight is leaving things too loose. If the siding and various trim elements are not properly fastened down you’ll likely hear whistling, rattling and various clattering noises when it’s windy out.
If the siding has been poorly installed you’ll likely witness buckling problems before too much time has passed. You’re also likely to notice drafts in the house, the aforementioned whistling sounds and leaks appearing around windows and doors.
The siding installation professionals at Alliance Trust Aluminum have earned a solid reputation for quality workmanship at affordable prices. We can wrap your home in a blanket of beautiful, waterproof, energy saving siding in no time for a price that won’t send you to the poor house. Call us today on 647-898-4228 to find out more about siding installation in Burlington.