Given the critical role that fascia board plays in protecting your home from the elements, it is essential that it is installed correctly, else all sorts of problems may arise. Wherever you happen to live in the GTA, you need to take care with new installations if you wish to keep your property in good condition and preserve its value for the future. For this reason, we have put together a short list of mistakes that you really need to avoid when dealing with this part of your home.
Don’t Make These Fascia Installation Mistakes
If you want to ensure that the money you have spent on new fascia boards does not go to waste, avoid the following mistakes at all costs. Given the adverse weather conditions we often experience in Milton, Oakville, Burlington and elsewhere in the Greater Toronto Area, it is vital to get it right first time.
- Hiring a Contractor Without Insurance – All sorts of things can go wrong when working at heights so you must ensure that any contractor you hire to replace fascia boards is carrying comprehensive liability insurance that covers both their employees and their customers. A comprehensive policy will also cover any damage that might inadvertently be inflicted on your property during the installation process.
- Choosing a Contractor Based on Price Alone – The cheapest quote is not always the best: you should never hire a fascia installation contractor in the GTA, or any other area for that matter, based on price alone. You need to make sure that any firm you hire to replace your fascia boards is competent, trustworthy, well insured, and has an excellent track record in the local area. If your property happens to be located in a small town it is not essential to hire a contractor based in the very same place but it is a good idea to focus on those companies that have actually competed fascia installation jobs there in the past
- Failing to Consider the Quality of Materials Used – If you are having all of your fascia boards replaced, you should spend some time considering the different types of material from which they can be manufactured these days and deciding which one will be most suitable for your property. Homeowners in areas close to the lake will not need to be told about the importance of choosing durable materials when carrying out property repairs: aluminum is the most popular choice for fascia installation in the area owing to its highly durable nature. Make the wrong choice and it could cost you dearly in the future.
- Picking the Wrong Time of Year – Contactors do not want to be working on your roof in howling winds and torrential rain and, even if they did, your property could sustain water damage if you decide to replace the fascia boards at such a time. The summer months are the best time to have such work done.
- Leaving It Too Late – Don’t make the mistake of waiting until your existing fascias have rotted away completely or you may end up having to spend a lot more than you anticipated, to repair the water damage that is sustained by your property.
- Doing the Work Yourself – Unless you are a very experienced DIY expert who has no fear of heights, fascia installation is a job that is best left to the experts.
Wherever you happen to be in the GTA, you can rely on Alliance Trust Aluminum for all your fascia needs. Call or email us today to request a competitive quotation.